Who are we?
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Name, date of birth and gender;
- Phone and e-mail details;
- Billing and delivery postal address;
- User name;
- Complaints records;
- Where you place an order or shop with us;
- Time and date of purchase;
- Communication and shopping preferences;
- Browsing and shopping activities;
- Bytes served;
- Social media handle and information made available according to your social media account settings;
- Your provided geographic location (delivery address), to calculate shipping fees.
When do we collect this information about you?
We may collect information about you when you:
- Visit the Website, and other sites accessible from the Website;
- Purchase products or services on the Website;
- Take part in promotions, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires;
- Contact our Customer Service for any reason;
- Use naroomask.net and social media channels;
- Access the Website from your phone.
What legal bases do we have to process your information?
We process your information only on the legal bases set out below:
- To enter into or perform our contract with you in relation to your use of the naroomask.net website; to provide goods and services which you purchase through the website, to provide you with a customer account;
- In line with our legitimate business interests to improve and monitor business efficiency;
- Respond to any queries or requests you may submit to us;
- Where you have given us your consent to do so;
- Where it is necessary to comply with legal obligations; and
- Where necessary in order for us to establish, investigate, exercise or defend a legal claim to which you are a party.
What do we do with the information we collect?
We may collect, store and process your personal data:
- To make this Website available to you;
- To maintain and operate any registered account that you hold with us;
- To fulfil products you have purchased;
- To inform you of important updates related to a product you have purchased;
- To inform you of important service notifications related to naroomask.net;
- To provide you with content or offers which are tailored to your individual tastes;
- To verify your identity;
- To contact you about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- For customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- For research, analysis, testing, risk management and administrative purposes;
- For crime and fraud prevention, investigating, establishing, exercising or defending a legal claim;
- For complying with our legal obligations under consumer, tax and other Dutch and European laws;
- For responding to your queries or requests;
- To make online advertising available to you on social media websites and apps.
What non-personal information do we collect?
The Website gathers statistical and other analytical information from all visitors. We use this nonpersonal data in a collective form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and how they are using the Website. This is not linked to your personal information and is completely anonymous.
Who do we share your personal information with?
- We may share your information internally when required for our business to function.
- We may share your information externally with our core service providers when required for our business to function. These include for example companies who help us pick and pack orders, make deliveries, print materials or conduct data analysis.
- We may need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk).
- We may need to share personal data with another organisation if we were to sell or transfer any of our business. In that case we would share with our successors in title to our business.
- We may need to share personal data when we receive requests for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your personal information, we will provide it to the organisation asking for it.
- We collate anonymised information about site traffic, sales and other commercial information which we may pass onto third parties, but this information does not include any details which can identify you personally.
We will not sell your personally identifiable information – including your name, address, e-mail address, or credit card information to any third party.
Transfers of your information
We may transfer your information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Certain Recipients (our third party service providers) who process your information on our behalf may transfer your information outside the EEA to a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection to your information. Where such transfers occur, it is our policy that: a) they do not occur without our prior written authority; and b) that an appropriate transfer agreement is put in place to protect your information.
How long do we keep your information for?
- We keep your information only for as long as we need to in order to provide our services to you, taking into consideration why we collected it and how old it is and in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
- In so far as applications for refund are concerned, we keep your information for 1 year from the date of the completion of the refund process.
- We may keep your information longer if required by law or for legitimate business purposes. The law does not require us to store any information for longer than 10 years, which would therefore be the maximum amount of time we may keep your information.
- We may keep your information when or where necessary to enforce our Terms.
- Permanent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device for no longer than 6 months.
- Session cookies are stored temporarily and disappear when you close your browser session.
What rights do I have?
- You can ask us for a copy of the personal information we hold.
- You can ask us about how we collect, share and use your personal information.
- You can update and correct your personal details, or to ask us to update and correct your personal details.
- You can change your mind wherever you give us your consent. However, please note that any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent will remain valid.
- You have the right to restrict or object to us using your personal information or using automated decision making, if we are doing so.
- You may ask us to delete your personal information.
- You have a right to moving your information (your right to Portability). Where possible we can share a digital copy of your information directly with you or another organisation. When you contact us to ask about your information, we may ask you to identify yourself. This is to help protect your information. We generally do not charge you when you contact us to ask about your information.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us through email with your request.
Links to third party sites
Security on naroomask.net
We take great care to ensure the security of our Website. We use a 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) to protect your payment details. Your computer should automatically allow the opening of the secure connection when you place your order. You can tell whether a page is secure as ‘https’ will replace the ‘http’ in front of naroomask.net in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser windows.
Your personal data is only entered on our system when the browser is in ‘HTTPS’ or secure mode. The padlock symbol should appear when you are in this mode, indicating that you are safely submitting encrypted information only. To take full advantage of all security features you should use an up-to-date browser. We will never ask a customer to confirm any account or credit card details via email.
We may change this Privacy Statement, in whole or part, from time to time as we see fit or as legislation protecting all consumers and internet users’ changes to ensure we are fully compliant. Any changes will be effective immediately and will be posted on this Website so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. We may, as appropriate, update customers of these changes by other means, such as postal mail or email.
A cookie is a small file (consisting of letters and numbers) that we store on your browser or elsewhere on your device. We use three main types of cookies when you visit our Website and here’s how and why we use them.
When you visit any page on the Website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the website work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the Website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or completing forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but then some parts of the Website will not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
2. Functional Cookies
These cookies enable the Website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by a third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. When you are browsing or shopping on our Website, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
3. Website Analytical or Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Website and your shopping experience. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Website. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our Website, and will not be able to monitor its performance. If you do not consent to the use of these cookies, please disable them following the instructions in this notice in the section ‘How to control and delete cookies’, so that cookies from this website cannot be placed on your device.
How to control and delete cookies
By using our Website, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit our Website in the future.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Further information about cookies can be found at:
Please note that by deleting or disabling cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our Website. In addition, disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser.
Changes to this Notice
If you have any queries in relation to this notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org